Inclinator Co. of California, Stellar-Vator™ Residential Elevators. The successor to the discontinued Otis at Home™ product
INCLINATOR CO. OF CALIFORNIA CAN SERVICE ALL CEMCO™ AND OTIS AT HOME™ ELEVATORS IN CALIFORNIA. CONTACT US NOW TO SPEAK TO A REPRESENTATIVE.
In 1981 Tom Shield founded and established TL Shield & Associates. At that time Mr. Shield was championing the cause of the handicapped and disabled by providing accessible lifts for wheel chair bound persons. As the company grew residential elevators, stair-lifts and dumbwaiters were added to our product line.
In 2007 TL Shield & Associates acquired Inclinator Company of California.
Inclinator Company of California was established in 1931 and is the oldest most respected residential elevator company in California. Along with servicing all discontinued Otis at Home™ and Cemco™ brand elevators, that heritage lives on in fine homes everywhere with the manufacture and development of The Stellar-Vator™.
One look at the Stellar-Vator™ and you can’t help but notice the abundance of commercial standards that can’t be found in other residential elevator products. Products like Stainless Steel automatic 2 and 3 speed doors, the 12 gauge steel floor pan combined with the 1-1/4” hardwood plywood floor base coupled with a robust steel sling that gives The Stellar- Vator™ a sturdy commercial ride quality and feel that homeowners have come to appreciate. Add an expertly engineered lifting system and you will experience the quiet smooth ride quality discerning homeowners expect from Inclinator Company of California.
When it comes to safety there is no compromise. For over 81 years Inclinator Company of California has been setting standards for the elevator industry. We build the most reliable residential elevator on the market, because we understand how important it is to take good care of families like yours. The Stellar-Vator residential elevator is often selected over other brands in new and remodeling construction products. We offer a machine room-less version that takes a much smaller space than other residential elevators. ICOC is a name that has been respected for over 81 years. In fact your friends and family are sure to compliment you on your wisdom and good taste in choosing a company recognized for superior quality and reliability.
The Stellar-Vator™ comes in a choice of two superbly engineered models. Both have car speeds of 40 feet per minute. The SV-750 is our most popular residential elevator with a 750-pound capacity and 12 square feet of usable cab space. The SV-950 is larger with 15 square feet of usable cab space carrying up to 950 pounds. Both units are far superior to other makes of residential elevators and exceed industry safety standards. To enhance your confidence the Stellar-Vator™ is backed with a 10-year factory warranty.
22 REASONS TO USE A STELLAR-VATOR™ RESIDENTIAL ELEVATOR
1. The standard car frame is the cantilevered design. It utilizes 10 gauge structural steel members that exceed all safety factor requirements by the ASME Safety Code for elevators. This Heavy Duty design does not require the use of a stabilizer rail to prevent the cab from "swaying", typically found on other types of elevators.
2. Approved Type "A" car safety has been repeatedly drop tested at maximum gross load. Car stopped in less than 1/2" from parting of the hoist ropes. After six consecutive tests, car frame or guide rails showed no signs of distortion.
3. All factory welders at Stellar-Vator™ are CSA certified.
4. All electrical components are UL and/or CSA certified.
5. Two 3/8" diameter hoist ropes with approved rope wedge sockets are used. Breaking strength easily exceeds the 7.6 safety factor required by ASME.
6. Pipe rupture valve, located on the hydraulic cylinder, is standard. Should a hydraulic pipe or hose rupture, the PRV will shut off oil flow from the cylinder, preventing the elevator car from further descent. This valve is an added safety feature that is not found on most commercial elevators.
7. Hydraulic pump unit utilizes a submersible pump and motor that run very quietly compared to motors mounted on an open frame.
8. Larger oil reservoir is utilized for better heat and sound dissipation. Tank is designed to hold total system capacity of oil which prevents the oil from ever overflowing in the case of a valve failure.
9. EV-100 Control Valve provides two speeds of operation. Elevator car will slow down when approaching a landing for better ride quality.
10. Battery-powered lowering will bring the elevator to the lowest landing in the event of a power failure. A convenience light in the car will illuminate while car is descending.
11. Stellar-Vator™ furnishes a solid panel cab door to prevent passengers from extending their hands or feet through the typical car gate opening while the car is moving.
12. Automatic releveling device maintains elevator within 1/4" of floor level to prevent a tripping hazard when entering and exiting the elevator cab.
13. Commercial grade, heavy duty, 8 lb. per foot steel rails are used. Roller guides fixed to the car frame are used, to provide a smooth ride, required less maintenance, and longer life expectancy than slide type guide shoes.
14. Stellar-Vator™ utilizes larger piston and cylinder diameters than other manufacturers is utilized which result in better ride quality (less bounce).
15. Non-proprietary controller uses actual relays for additional safety that prevents dangerous conditions that exist as result of single component failure.
16. Commercial elevator type car door contact has a positive "contact break" feature that will prevent the elevator from moving unless the car door is closed.
17. Approved type electro-mechanical door locks are furnished that prevent opening a door from a landing if the elevator car is not at that landing. Exceeds the requirements of ASME. (Same type of door locks as used on commercial elevators)
18. Commercial quality CSA approved push-button fixtures are used, designed to withstand years of use.
19. Stellar-Vator™ furnishes the same UL and CSA certified electrical switches and components as used on their commercial type elevators that have been proven to withstand years of intense use.
20. Cab walls are manufactured from commercial quality material. Cab ceilings are designed and manufactured to exceed the weight and load requirements found in ASME.
21. After Inclinator Co. of California installs a Stellar-Vator™ elevator there are seldom if ever any call backs.
22. Stellar-Vator™ residential elevators are the measuring stick by which all other elevators are judged.
SV-750 and SV-950
Stellar-Vator™ elevators come in a choice of two superbly engineered models. Both have a car speed of 40 feet per minute. The SV-750 is our most popular residential elevator with a 750-pound capacity and 12 square feet of usable cab area. The SV-950 is larger with 15 square feet of usable cab area, carrying up to 950 pounds.
Options and Accessories
Stellar-Vator™ Elevators: A Rich Selection of Options and Accessories
Below, you will find downloadable files regarding the Stellar-Vator™ elevators.